Thursday, March 26, 2015

Celebrating 30 days of Pisces 2015 Wrap Up Post

Hi everyone :-D

I finally managed to find some time to write this post. Spring arrived and I am busy like a little bee, flying here and there, doing zillion things. :-D

I am Pisces and I decided to celebrate whole period in a crafty way. Pisces period started this year on February 19th at 12:45 AM and ended on March 20th at 11:45 PM. (These time values are for Cavtat, Croatia.) 

I called my celebration Celebrating 30 days of Pisces. I gave myself 4 challenges and tried to complete them in 30 days, which I did.

These were my challenges:
  1. make at least one card every day and post it here on my blog (this excludes DT cards)
  2. make 5 CASE cards or more (my own or from other designers)
  3. make at least 2 projects using techniques/medium never used before (this excludes DT projects)
  4. finish crochet project 
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Challenge #1: One card every day

This was a big and very exciting challenge for me, because I usually don´t make cards every day, neither I write posts every day. I had some technical problems at the beginning, so I decided to extend this challenge for one day.

I made 32 cards, excluding DT cards.

I made a preview of all cards on my Celebrating 30 days of Pisces 2015 page, so I won´t list all of them here again. But I do want to share (again) my cards that were Honorable mentioned or TOP 3. I am so honored and happy for these recognitions! :-D






http://challengeupyourlife.blogspot.com/2015/03/challenge-9-winner-top-3.html#.VRRmko6rH-s
Paper Smooches SPARKS Featured Player


http://addictedtocas.blogspot.com/2015/03/winners_17.html


Making cards in this period, I realized I am crazy about CAS, mini cards and black/yellow/white color combination. :-D It´s fun how you discover new things about yourself every day. :-D
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Challenge #2: Make 5 CASE Cards or more

CASEing cards was my second challenge. I had so much fun CASEing, because I usually don´t CASE. :-D

I made 7 CASE cards.

I made a preview of all cards on my Celebrating 30 days of Pisces 2015 page, so I won´t list all of them here again.

 _______________________________________________________________________________________

Challenge #3: 2 New Techniques/Mediums

This was also a fun challenge. Trying new techniques or using new mediums is always so exciting.

Just from curiosity, I tried to color with colored pencils on a distressed paper. Results were great! It´s like coloring on a Kraft paper, also something new I tried for my DT project.
http://craftymilka.blogspot.com/2015/03/lucky-card.html

Before this challenge, I never build a scene with stamps using stamping and masking technique. It was a time for me to try this, because so many of you are doing that and I looooove it! :-D This mini card was a result and I was very satisfied with it. :-D
http://craftymilka.blogspot.com/2015/03/amanitas-mini-card.html

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Challenge #4: Crochet Project

I started a crochet project (crocheted hippopotamus) on February 5th and finished it on March 20th, just a couple of hours before Spring arrived. In the last minutes of my celebration. 

Pattern I used for crocheting is a design from super talented lady, hiding behind the name Heidi Bears. I fell in love in this super cute Happypotamus when I saw it and purchased a pattern immediately. 

This one was my third hippo and I made it for my niece Tea who is 4,5 years old. I named hippo after her, Happypotamus Tea

 

For more photos just follow this link

I must admit, if I didn't challenge myself to finish this one, I would probably still working on it. So I find this challenge extremely good, as well as Tea. :-D 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

That would be all. I wrapped up all 30 days (well 31). I had so much fun and I hope I˙ll manage to repeat it next year. 

I would like to thank you all for visiting and leaving me comments through my celebration period, and also to apologize that I didn't comment on your blogs so much as I usually do. I did visit you all, my dear friends, but I just didn't have enough time to comment on everything and to keep up with my challenges. I know you all understand. :-D

Big hugs to all and thank you for visiting today. Enjoy and smile! :-D 


Crafty Milka 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...