Monday, February 9, 2015

He Loves Me... Card

Hello everyone :-D  

I want to share with you He Loves Me...Card I made this weekend. 


For my card layout I used lovely sketch096 with a twist from {heart} sketches by Imke Ludvig.
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/02/02/i-heart-card-sketches-w-a-twist-no-96/

Twist was to use a handmade embellishment. I didn´t make embellishment, but used paper flower from stash, glued petals together to rise them a bit and curled them, colored steams with yellow tempera color and transparent varnish and got "new" flower. Here is a before and after photo.

I used From the Heart Stamp 'Loves Me Birdbrain' digital stamp set, which includes girly Birdbrain image and three bonus sentiments. I gave my card name after the sentiment I used.
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/shop/birdbrain-chick/188-loves-me-birdbrain.html

This is Stamp of the Month February 2015 and I got mine for playing January From the Heart Stamps Stamp of the Month challenge. FTHS SOTM is a progressive challenge. Faith, illustrator and owner, generously gives a digital stamp of the month to everyone who joined previous challenge.

Image is paper pieced and it has two layers.
I printed one image and sentiment on white card stock paper and colored background in watercoloring technique, using my aquarell colored pencils, water and paint brush. I shaded a bit petals with dark grey colored pencil.
I printed second image on white paper (160 grams), colored image with colored pencils, fussy cut image, colored edges with black pen and glued it over another image.
Here is a photo of two layers. 

At the end I added transparent varnish on the image (beak, eyelids, flower petals, necklace) and over sentiment to create glossy accents and pop up all those details. :-D

Card dimensions are 148 mm x 105 mm (5 7/8" x 4 1/8").

List of supplies:
  • From the Heart Stamps 'Loves Me Birdbrain' 
  • designer paper (Update February 12th 2015: First Edition Paper, J´Adore, 8" x 8" paper pad)
  • light green cardstock paper 
  • white cardstock paper 
  • white paper 160 grams
  • dark grey colored pencil
  • white pencil  
  • Koh-i-noor Mondeluz aquarell colored pencils (Light Blue 18, Light Green 25
  • Koh-i-noor woodless colored pencils (Chrome Yellow 1, Reddish Orange 2, Lavender Violet 8, Meadow Green 4, Dark Green 5)
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm 
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen M (medium) 1.0 mm
  • yellow tempera color
  • UHU universal glue
  • white water based glue
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss 
  • paper flower 
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • crafting needle
  • Marabu fine paint brush no.1
  • water 

      I am entering my card into following challenges:
      Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

      2) From the Heart Stamps, February free Stamp of the Month - Loves Me Birdbrain

      I love to play these challenges. From the Heart Stamps are required, anyone can join and there are awesome benefits for each entry. You can find more information about weekly sketch challenges and SOTM progressive challenges here

      http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/

      You don´t have any From the Heart Stamps image? You can find them here
      http://fromtheheartstamps.com/shop/

      There is currently a February Designers Blog Hop  going on at From the Heart Stamps Blog and a theme this month is "Love is in the Air". Beautiful DT projects and fabulous opportunity to win From the Heart Stamps images. Check it out. :-D 
      http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/02/06/february-blog-hop-2/

      Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile :-D


      Crafty Milka

      2 comments:

      1. Great job on the sketch! I really like how you made your flower and the watercolor background - nice job!

        Thanks for joining us at From The Heart Stamps!

        ReplyDelete
      2. This is awesome, Milka. I like the purple eyebrows of the Birdbrain. Great coloring !

        Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge this week and also our FREE Stamp of the Month February Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

        ReplyDelete

      PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

      Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

      Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

      Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

      Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

      Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...