Saturday, December 27, 2014

Winter Fairyland

Hello everyone :-D 

Second project I want to share with you today is a Christmas decoration I made this week, Winter Fairyland. I love fairies and candles! Combined...


First I made a rectangle board, dimensions 203 mm x 152 mm (8" x 6"), from a thick card stock paper and covered it with a white card stock paper. I marked places where candles should stand and glued 4 push pins on to the board. Push pins prevent candles moving on the board, without gluing them down, and allow candle changing at any time. Then I added a thick layer of an acrylic white fine sand paste and left it dry 24 hours.

I used three gorgeous Mo´s Manning digital images in this project. I printed them on a white 160 grams paper, colored and fussy cut them. I covered 'Winter Fairy Halla´s' and 'Fairy Snowman´s' wings with a transparent varnish to create glossy accents.

I added some pearl maker and transparent varnish on part of 'Winter Fairy Talva´s' wings. I covered a snowball in her hands with an acrylic fine sand paste and when it was dry, I smeared a pearl maker over the snowball to create glossy accents.

When the board was dry, I placed candles decorated with plastic snowflakes on to the board and images. Images are firmed with an acrylic fine sand paste. They look like they stand in snow. :-D

I embellished the board with decorative flower stamens, flowers, synthetic snowballs and one paper butterfly. I used a low temperature glue gun to glue embellishments on to the board. At the end, I smeared a pearl maker on some places on the board, to create glossy accents.

Light up the candles... 
(incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0

List of supplies: 
  • Mo´s Manning digital stamp 'Winter Fairy Halla'
  • Mo´s Manning digital stamp 'Winter Fairy Talva'
  • Mo´s Manning digital stamp 'Fairy Snowman' (free gift for registered users, 28.11.2014.)
  • thick card stock paper
  • white card stock paper
  • white paper, 160 grams 
  • colored pencils (skin color, pink, gray)
  • white pencil  
  • Koh-i-noor Mondeluz aquarell colored pencils (light and dark blue) 
  • Koh-i-noor universal white pencil for writing on gloss surfaces
  • silver sparkling pen 
  • 4 white candles 
  • Scrapberry´s Mulberry paper butterfly
  • decorative flower stamens 
  • white flowers 30 mm
  • snowflakes 25 mm 
  • synthetic snowballs (Ø 10 mm)
  • 4 push pins 
  • Marabu acrylic paste (Fine Sand)
  • transparent low temperature glue stick 
  • pearl maker (pastel-white) 
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss 
  • printer 
  • scoring board
  • trimmer  
  • scissors 
  • ruler 
  • eraser  
  • pencil sharpener  
  • Dremel 920 glue gun, low temperature 
  • crafting needle 
  • palette knife no.1
  • palette knife no.2


Must say, I love this one and can´t stop looking at it. :-D

I am entering my project into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenges home page. 

1) Mo´s Challenge Blog, Your Favorite Mo "Make" of 2014
http://mosdigitalchallenge.blogspot.com/

2) We Do Doobadoo UK Challenge, Challenge 21... Festive Spirits
My 2nd entry to this challenge.  
http://wedodoobadoo.blogspot.com/

3) Noor! Design U.K., Challenge No.1 Merry Christmas 
GDT applied
http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/challenge-no1-merry-christmas.html
http://noordesign-uk.blogspot.co.uk/

4Papertake Weekly Challenge, Pick a Fave (Anything Goes - Make a Christmas Decoration) 
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/
 
5) Cupcake Inspirations, Challenge 291
http://www.cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.com/2014/12/challenge-291.html
http://www.cupcakeinspirations.blogspot.com/

My 3rd entry to this challenge.  
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

7) Simon Says Stamp Blog, Work it Wednesday December 2014, Something you Love (word, theme, just heart...) 


8) Craft my Life, All Crafts Challenge December/January, Anything Goes but no Cards! 
My 3rd entry to this challenge. First one was Christmas Ornament and second Matchbox.
http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.com/

9) Winter Wonderland Challenge Blog, Fussy and Fancy
http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.com/

10) Crafting for all Seasons Challenge Blog, Challenge #92 - Anything Christmas but a Card
http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.co.uk/

11) The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog, Challenge #82 - Lots of Cuteness on Anything but a Card
http://cutiepiechallenge.blogspot.com/

thought I´ll post one more project today, but I´m exhausted and I´ll leave that for tomorrow. Thank you for stopping by and your kind  feedback. Enjoy and smile :-D 


Crafty Milka 


Update, December 30th 2014
As member at Bronte and Bella´s Clubhouse, I entered this project to Bronte and Bella´s SHOWCASE December Challenge, as one of my favorites projects I made this month. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mosclub/

12 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, I love the images and the scene you have created
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite a work of ART!! FABULOUSLY done! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooooo pretty I am def making one of these for next year (if I remember hehehe) gorgeous
    Jacki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing your magnificent decoration with the Cuties. Good Luck. Sarah 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing scene! So glad you were inspired by Cupcake Inspirations's Winter Wonderland challenge!
    Happy Holidays, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute project! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations Winter Wonderland challenge. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet snow scene and love the fairies. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute scene and love the image. Thanks for joining us at Noor!DesignUK.

    Hugs

    Tracy

    Onwer Noor!DesignUK

    Noor!DesignUK Blog

    Crafteezee Blog




    ReplyDelete
  9. I do so love this, its just magical.
    thank you so much for playing along with us over on DP2
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous creation, love it. Happy New Year to you and thanks for joining us this Christmas at CFAS. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous
    Thanks form haring with us at the cutie pies

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...