Monday, December 8, 2014

Fancy Sunbonnet Christmas Ornament

Hi everyone :-D

Today I want to share with you Fancy Sunbonnet Christmas Ornament I made last week. I didn´t want to share it before, because it was a birthday present for a friend and I wanted it to be a surprise. She liked it a lot. :-D


I used a beautiful Bugaboo Digi 'Fancy sunbonnet winter 2'.
Image is paper pieced. It has two layers.
I printed one image on Bebunni Christmas designer paper and the other image on white paper, colored and fussy cut it, colored edges with black fine liner and glued it over image printed on patterned paper. I added pearl marker to accent snowball. Mittens, scarf, pocket, belt and under skirt are colored with silver sparkling pen.
I cut out one more circle from the same patterned paper I used for the image´s background and glued it to the back of the image.

I placed image in the center of a clear acrylic ornament and added some hot glue on few spots, to prevent image moving inside the ornament. I embellished ornament with satin flowers, decorative flower stamens, synthetic snowballs and pearl maker. At the end I added nylon thread.

List of supplies: 
  • Bugaboo Digi 'Fancy sunbonnet winter 2'
  • Crafters Companion Bebunni Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Paper Pad
  • white paper (160 grams) 
  • colored pencils (4 different blues) 
  • Koh-i-noor Mondeluz aquarell colored pencil (light and dark blue) 
  • Koh-i-noor universal white pencil for writing on gloss surfaces
  • silver sparkling pen 
  • black fine liner 0.5
  • clear acrylic fillable ball ornament (Ø 40 mm) 
  • decorative flower stamens 
  • satin flowers (white and blue) 
  • synthetic snowballs (Ø 10 mm)
  • nylon thread 
  • white water based glue  
  • transparent low temperature glue stick 
  • pearl maker (pastel-white) 
  • printer 
  • compass 
  • eraser 
  • scissors 
  • Dremel 920 glue gun, low temperature


I am entering my project into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenges home page. 

1) Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge, Recipe #205 - Winter 
http://crafts4eternity.blogspot.com/

2) Clear it Out Challenge Blog, Theme: Circles, Stash: Use glitter/something sparkly
My sparkly things: silver sparkling pen, acrylic ball ornament :-D 
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.com/

3) Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog, Challenge #114 - Modern Christmas Colors  
Use Pink, Purple, Blue or anything than RED or GREEN. 
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.com/

4) Kitty Bee Design, Aloha Friday Challenge #38 - Unusual Colored Christmas
Stay away from traditional red, green, gold combo, but feel free to use those colors, just not together. 
http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/

5) Little Miss Muffet Challenges, Challenge #100 - Anything Goes 
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.com/

6) The Paper Nest Dolls Challenges, Challenge #24 - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by and your kind  feedback. I wish you all beautiful week. :-D


Crafty Milka

3 comments:

  1. Nice project...tfs your work @ CIO challenge blog...stop by to play again <((><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ornament :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Thank You for joining us at the Paper Nest Dolls Challenge blog Your work is outstanding and a joy to see
    Hope to see you next challenge Merry Christmas and Best wishes for the holiday season From Sharon (DT member)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...