Tuesday, October 7, 2014

WCMD and Autumn Card

Hello everyone :-D 

Celebration of the World Card Making Day at my home through whole weekend. 
If you missed my first celebration post, scroll down to previous post, or just click here to read more about it. 

I had so much fun this weekend. I made two cards, colored several images, made bunch of embellishments, blog hopped, cleaned my crafting desk (LOL), made some videos and photos of finished projects that were waiting for a photo-session some time... Fun, fun, fun!

My intention was to share cards with you this weekend as they were finished. I managed to that with the first card, but not with my second one I made yesterday. It was too late and a very bad light when my card was completely dry, so I decided to do that today.


Autumn Card is the second card I made this celebratory weekend.



For this one I was inspired by a current challenge on Meljen´s Designs - Friends Forever. With this lovely Meljen's Designs 'Autumn Candy Apple', Melissa is generously sharing with everyone for free this weekend, I made this Autumn Card for my best friend. She loves nature, autumn colors... I look at this card and I see her. :-D 

You still have time to join current challenge on Meljen´s Designs Design Team and Challenge Blog. There are no image requirements, but if you use Meljen´s image you get an extra entry. Also, join us in Meljen´s Designs Club on Facebook and play weekend mini challenges with new free image every weekend.

Update
Weekend mini challenge at Meljen´s Designs Club and weekend giveaway at Meljen´s Designs extended till October 7th, noon PST. 

I printed 3 same images of 'Autumn Candy Apple' on white card stock paper, colored and cut out elements I needed and paper pieced this image. An apple is colored with glass color to create glossy effect. After it was dry, I colored sugar crystals with my pearl maker and added thick coat of transparent glossy varnish over the apple´s topper. I am very satisfied with this extra glossiness. :-D 

Little dots around the image are made with paper puncher, paper scraps and transparent extra glossy varnish. I´ll make short photo tutorial this week and share it with you here on blog.

I found this very cool leaves template and DIY project on Broadway paperprinted it on Graphic 45 papers, cut out leaves, distressed theirs edges and decorated card with them. I am sure I will be using this lovely template again. 


 
 


Card dimensions are 127 mm x 127 mm (5" x 5").


Here is a list of materials and tools I used to make this card: 
  • Meljen's Designs 'Autumn Candy Apple'
  • Graphic 45 paper collection 'French Country' 6" x 6" (Patterns and Solids) 
  • 2 different brown card stock papers 
  • leaves template from Broadway paper 
  • colored pencils (light and dark yellow, orange, red, dark green, brown, black)
  • white pencil 
  • fine liners 0.5 (yellow, black)
  • glass color (496 emerald) 
  • pearl maker (pastel-white)
  • Tim Holtz´s distress ink, Vintage Photo 
  • Raffia 
  • Eucalyptus bark (Eucalyptus, don´t know the specie, Lokrum island, Croatia
  • two European beech nuts (Fagus sylvatica L., Fagaceae, Žutica forest, Ivanic-Grad, Croatia
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss
  • universal glue
  • white water based glue  
  • printer 
  • scoring board
  • trimmer
  • scissors  
  • MSC Edger Punch, Scallop Dot
  • office paper puncher 
  • crafting needle 
  • rounded corner paper puncher (update 26.12.2014.




I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog home page. 


3) Kitty Bee Designs, Aloha Friday Challenge #33 - Fall Colors 


Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback. :-D 


Crafty Milka

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant card, love the glossyness, looks good enough to eat, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Milka!, and you even used our free image! Thanks for playing along with us over at Meljen's Designs. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMB - Obožavam ju! Super si ovo izvela, Milka - zakon je... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, Milka. Love the dimension you've added with the glaze. Thanks for playing along with Meljen's Design Team "Best Friends" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...